Sorry, but this script has been discontinued.
What is Mail-This-Page?
Mail-This-Page is a program written in Perl that gives visitors to a web page the ability to send copies of that page to any valid email address. The site owner simply inserts a small fill-out form into any webpage and he instantly gives viewers of that page the privilege to share the same content to anyone by sending a copy through email.
Click on image to see demo.
How does Mail-This-Page work?
MAIL-THIS-PAGE parses the contents of the HTML page that is going to be sent, strips out all of the HTML tags and unwanted portions of the page, re-arranges the text into a neat format, and sends the newly formatted text as part of an email body.
MAIL-THIS-PAGE is very easy to configure:
- A small HTML code is inserted into any HTML page.
- A few variables are assigned in the HTML code.
- The site owner specifies which portion of the HTML page will be sent.
- Configure the Perl script, and everything is set.
In order for Mail-This-Page to work properly, the following are required:
A web host server that:
Furthermore, Mail-This-Page will only work with static HTML pages. Pages dynamically generated or created on-the-fly by another script/program will not work with Mail-This-Page. If your pages are dynamically-generated, please check out Mail-This-Page Pro.
- runs a Unix operating system (eg: Linux);
- allows CGI-BIN access;
- has a Perl interpreter properly configured and installed;
- has a Unix mail program (Sendmail or Qmail) properly configured and installed.
In no event will CGI City or the program's author be liable to the user of this script or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this script, even if user has been advised of the possibility of such damages.